We do it safely
or not at all.
At RECON, safety is our number one priority and our top management commitment.
We currently maintain an EMR rating of 0.66.
- Every new employee is hired with the expectation that safe work practices are a condition of employment.
- All employees receive extensive safety orientation training as well as appropriate task and site-specific training in OSHA and MSHA regulations, first aid, respiratory protection, and safe equipment operation.
- RECON employs full-time safety professionals who are certified to instruct in all areas of safety for the petrochemical and mining industries.
- In addition, all Project Supervisors are given primary responsibility to enforce all safety programs, conduct regularly scheduled audits, and receive supervisor safety training.
- RECON is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees.
- Our customers can be confident that all projects will be performed in accordance with the highest safety standards. RECON has received many awards over the years.
RECON participates in safety organizations such as:
RECON maintains accounts through multiple third-party audit/compliance management firms including:
RECON has received multiple facility-based awards for outstanding on-the-job performance in safety and in overall service quality.
Clients who have presented such awards include:
BP – Carson Business Unit, Carson, CA
ExxonMobil -Torrance Refinery, Torrance, CA
Conoco Phillips – Wilmington Refinery, Wilmington, CA.
Employees receive training covering a broad range of topics, including:
- OSHA 10/30 Hour
- MSHA Part 46/48
- Refinery Safety Overview (RSO)
- Respiratory Protection
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM)
- Forklift, Bobcat, and other industrial equipment
- Confined Space Entry
- Specific chemical hazards (H2S, Lead, Silica)
- Safety Attendant and Fire Watch
- Process Safety Management Overview
- First Aid and CPR
RECON instructors are authorized by:
All rights reserved to Recon Inc. 2024